A RELATIONAL DATABASE OF INDIVIDUAL AND PARTY ELECTORAL RETURNS IN GREEK NATIONAL ELECTIONS, 1974-2000
by Tasos Kalandrakis
Since the restoration of democracy in 1974 Greece’s 300 representatives to the national parliament (Βουλ? - Vouli) have been elected via open list electoral systems (except for the 1985 elections). This database contains electoral returns at the district level both for the parties as well as for individual candidates within party lists for all elections in the period 1974-2000.
Specifically, the database relates information for the following units of analysis:
- 10 national elections to the Greek national parliament between1974 and 2000,
- 57 electoral districts (including one at large district),
- 140 parties, alliances, or independent party lists, and
- 9,506 individual candidates.
Available information includes:
- Election returns at the district level for all participating parties, alliances, or independent party lists as well as registered voters and spoiled/blanc ballots.
- Individual electoral returns (number of preference votes) for all individual candidates of parties that received at least 0.5% of the national vote.
- Composition of the elected legislature (Vouli).
For details and access to the data follow this link.